Retina CS Enterprise Vulnerability Management Software
Enterprise Vulnerability Management Software for Dynamic IT Environments
Retina CS is the only vulnerability management software solution designed from the ground up to provide organizations with context-aware vulnerability assessment and risk analysis. Retina’s results-oriented architecture works with users to proactively identify security exposures, analyze business impact, and plan and conduct remediation across disparate and heterogeneous infrastructure. Over 10,000 customers worldwide rely on Retina to enable visible, measurable and actionable vulnerability management across their organizations. Retina CS Enterprise Vulnerability Management software enables you to:
- Discover network, web, mobile, cloud and virtual infrastructure
- Profile asset configuration and risk potential
- Pinpoint vulnerabilities, malware and attacks
- Analyze threat potential and return on remediation
- Remediate vulnerabilities via integrated patch management (optional)
- Report on vulnerabilities, compliance, benchmarks, etc.
- Protect endpoints against client-side attacks
- ZERO-GAP VULNERABILITY MANAGEMENT FOR DIVERSE IT ENVIRONMENTS
- Able to discover and assess any IT resource in your organization, Retina CS offers zero-gap vulnerability management coverage of the largest, most diverse IT environments. Agentless and agent-based scanning protects assets, whether they are connected to your network or not.
- RESULTS-DRIVEN REPORTING AND ANALYTICS
- With the most powerful reporting and analytics capabilities in its class, Retina CS makes it easy to make smart decisions, communicate risk, and report vulnerability management progress to executives and compliance auditors.
- UNMATCHED SCALABILITY AND FLEXIBILITY FOR LARGE ENTERPRISES
- Retina’s multi-tier architecture gives you optimal scalability and maximum control over your enterprise vulnerability management processes. It is designed for simple deployment and management of networks with multiple firewalls, IDS/IPS, VLANS and disparate locations.
- EXTENSIVE COMPLIANCE COVERAGE
- Retina CS simplifies compliance initiatives and reporting for COBIT, GLBA, HIPAA, HITRUST, ISO-27002, ITIL, MASS 201, NERC-FERC, NIST, PCI, SOX, and many more government and industry regulations.
"Using this console, security professionals and system administrators alike can easily find and analyze weaknesses throughout the entire enterprise infrastructure."SC MAGAZINE 2014
THE BEST VULNERABILITY MANAGEMENT REPORTING
- Results-Driven Architecture: Start by specifying what you want to accomplish, such as generating a vulnerability report, a HIPAA compliance report, or an asset delta report.
- Intelligent Analytics: Run what-if scenarios and team capacity analyses to inform resource allocation decisions.
- Interactive Results: Home in on data pertaining to a specific audience or goal.
- 260+ Actionable Reports: Communicate with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Compliance Reporting: Map vulnerability and configuration audits to COBIT, GLBA, HIPAA, HITRUST, ISO-27002, ITIL, MASS 201, NERC-FERC, NIST, PCI, SOX and more (optional).
- Advanced Threat Intelligence: Gauge severity based on asset scoring, BeyondTrust malware & exploit research, exploit databases, exploitability indices, CVSS and more.
- Trending, Deltas, Threat Analyzers and Heat Maps: Share vulnerability management progress with executives, compliance auditors and others.
- Configuration Benchmarking: Scan against benchmarks including DISA Gold Disk, SCAP, NIST, FDCC, USGCB, CIS and Microsoft®; customize images to match in-house policies; CIS Security Benchmark certified (optional).
- SLA Compliance Reports: Measure threat severity level against dynamic asset groupings.
- Pivot Grid Ad-Hoc Reporting: Meet unique business requirements by creating customized reports using virtually any data collected by Retina.
- Third-Party Integration: Share data with SIEM, GRC, NMS and help desk solutions.
ENTERPRISE VULNERABILITY MANAGEMENT FOR LARGE ENVIRONMENTS
- Flexible Deployment: Deploy software, appliances and/or virtual machines.
- N-Tier, Multitenant Architecture: Ensure maximum scalability & gain centralized control.
- Scalable Scan Engines: Each Retina scan engine can singlehandedly cover a Class-A network.
- Retina Protection Agent: Local assessment, continuous zero-day monitoring, and intrusion prevention for offline devices.
- Role-Based Access: Provide permissioned access to view, assess and report on data.
- Centralized Dashboards: Consolidate and report on enterprise-wide activities.
- Scanner Pooling: Direct multiple scanners to collaboratively assess large environments.
- Integrated Data Warehouse: Sort and filter historical data to gain multiple perspectives.
- Modern User Interface: Interact seamlessly with massive amounts of data.
- Local and Remote Scanning: Cover segregated, firewalled and disparate infrastructure.
- Effortless Updates and Upgrades: Expand capabilities through license key updates.
VULNERABILITY MANAGEMENT CAPABILITIES THAT GO BEYOND SCANNING
- Vulnerability Assessment: Flag vulnerabilities, attacks, and malware by asset for a complete view of a device’s risk.
- Comprehensive Discovery: Locate known and previously unknown assets across network (local and remote), web, mobile, cloud and virtual environments.
- Asset Profiling: Gather information including IP, DNS, OS, MAC address, ports, services, software, processes, hardware, event logs and more.
- Asset Smart Groups: Group, assess, and report on assets by IP range, naming convention, operating system, domain, applications, business function, Active Directory and more.
- Asset Context Awareness: Evaluate Smart Group value & risk based on collateral damage potential or target distribution, plus confidentiality, integrity and availability requirements.
- Cloud Scanning: Discover and scan online and offline Amazon®, GoGrid®, IBM®, Rackspace® and VMware® environments.
- VMware Verified: Scan virtual environments requiring PCI and HIPAA compliance.
- Patch Management: Remediate vulnerabilities with on-board patch management for Microsoft WSUS and SCCM for Microsoft and third-party applications (optional).
- Unmatched Reporting: Tap into the included BeyondInsight central data warehouse for targeted reports.
- User Risk Discovery: Map vulnerability management data to privileged account management data (from BeyondTrust PowerBroker solutions) to reveal user-triggered risks.
- Scheduling and Alerts: Schedule assessments and configure email alerts.
NETWORK VULNERABILITY ASSESSMENT
- Assess network devices, operating systems, applications, ports and services against a constantly updated vulnerability database.
- Identify and manage user privileges (via BeyondTrust PowerBroker solutions).
- Accurately identify vulnerabilities with a false positive rate below 1%.
- Perform Class C network scans in fewer than 15 minutes on average.
- Discover assets across Class A networks via unique scan pooling technology.
- Get PCI DSS 3.0 scanning and reporting capabilities out of the box.
- Receive updates within 48 hours of new critical vulnerabilities.
CLOUD VULNERABILITY ASSESSMENT
- Determine which instances are running, when they move, and how they behave when they interact with your environment – even when powered off.
- Track virtual machines by instance ID, rather than host name or IP, to properly determine state of the virtual machine.
- Amazon AWS, IBM SmartCloud, GoGrid, Rackspace, and VMware vCenter connectors are available.
Virtual Environment SCANNING
- Assess VMware ThinApp applications for vulnerabilities.
- Power-on and reconfigure VMware offline images for assessment.
- Optional vSphere plug-in for managing scans directly from the vSphere Windows Client
WEB APPLICATION VULNERABILITY ASSESSMENT
- Conduct automated vulnerability assessment and web crawling with no scripting required.
- Detect OWASP Top Ten vulnerabilities including SQL Injection, Cross-Site Scripting, Cross-Site Request Forgery, OS Command Injection, and more.
- Standard web application scanning for meeting PCI DSS 3.0 requirements is fully integrated with no additional licensing needed.
- Expand OWASP coverage and auditing capabilities with optional Web Essentials Module.
- » Compare web application assessment capabilities across the Retina family of solutions.
- Identify mobile devices connecting to your network and mail system.
- Conduct agent-based and agentless vulnerability assessments.
- Ensure devices are in compliance with PCI, HIPAA and other regulations.
- Android, Blackberry Enterprise Server, and MS Exchange ActiveSync connectors are available.
Endpoint Protection and Local Assessment
- Get local vulnerability assessment, zero-day monitoring, and intrusion prevention with the Retina Protection Agent
Retina CS Enterprise Vulnerability Management
BeyondTrust Retina CS is the only vulnerability management solution designed from the ground up to provide organizations with context-aware vulnerability assessment and risk analysis. Retina’s results-driven architecture works with users to proactively identify security exposures, analyze business impact, and plan and conduct remediation across network, web, mobile, cloud and virtual infrastructure.
Retina 5.20 New and Updated Features
Both Retina Network Security Scanner and Retina CS Enterprise Vulnerability Management benefit from the v5.20 updates, which offer expanded scanning coverage for virtual, web and network environments. As a result, IT and security leaders gain the visibility they need to better understand and mitigate the data breach risks facing their organizations.
Retina CS Vulnerability Management Manifesto
Most vulnerability management solutions do little to help security leaders put vulnerability and risk information in the context of business. Saddled with volumes of rigid data and static reports, the security team is left to manually discern real threats and determine how to act upon them. At BeyondTrust, we believe that security professionals deserve more from their vulnerability management solutions.
Retina CS Reporting
Retina CS provides results-driven reporting and analytics capabilities that bring risk into focus enterprise-wide. Through Retina’s intuitive dashboard interface, you simply indicate the type of information you need, such as an SLA report or a HIPAA compliance report, and define the business context of your assets. Retina then delivers targeted, relevant and actionable vulnerability data in a wide variety of formats.
Retina CS Appliance
Retina CS Appliance includes all standard Retina CS software capabilities, plus integrated patching for end-to-end vulnerability management and remediation. Everything is pre-installed, configured and tuned on a powerful Windows server, enabling you to get up and running in a matter of minutes.
Look! I’ve generated another awesome 250-page vulnerability report! Said no one ever. Building reports is such an intricate part of vulnerability management, yet it’s the area we struggle with the most. more
Analyst firm Frost & Sullivan presented BeyondTrust with the 2015 award for ‘Best Practices in Enabling Technology Leadership in the Vulnerability Management Industry. more
“What’s plugged into my network?” is a question I hear frequently from security administrators. And, really, it’s no surprise why. No longer do we have to account just for the physical servers in our datacenters, workstations and a few network devices. Now we need to keep track of roaming laptops, dynamic virtual systems, off-site cloud deployments and BYOD. more
Retina CS Enterprise Vulnerability Management has included advanced VMware auditing capabilities for some time, including virtual machine discovery and scanning through a cloud connection, plus the ability to scan ESX and ESXi hosts using SSH. However, in response to recent security concerns associated with SSH, VMware has disabled SSH by default in its more recent... more
Today, we’re excited to announce new releases of both our Retina vulnerability assessment technology and the BeyondInsight risk management platform. Here’s a brief overview of what’s new in Retina. Retina v5.20 is an update to the vulnerability assessment engine that drives Retina Network Security Scanner and Retina CS Enterprise Vulnerability Management. The release extends Retina’s... more
Worried about BASH Shellshock? Retina CS Enterprise Vulnerability Management can scan your environment to identify applications affected by Shellshock. BeyondTrust has generated several Retina vulnerability audits to help our customers identify the various permutations of applications affected by Shellshock. The BeyondInsight Analytics and Reporting engine, included with Retina CS, makes it simple to view and... more
In many sports, as in business, teams will promote a strategy to gain an edge – even if the concept is possibly flawed. Consider an American football hurry-up offense: will it cause the defense to stumble, or will it just exhaust the offense? The play has potential pros and cons, and many strategic technologies are... more
A few years ago, I wrote a blog post about finding personal information online. I recently Googled myself again to see who knows what about me. I expected to find some posts and papers I’ve written, and maybe some of my contact details. Instead, the majority of the first-page results associate my name with a... more
According to a recent McKinsey survey, more than 80% of employees now use personal smartphones for work-related purposes. Vulnerable smartphones can spread malware to business infrastructure via emailed attachments and to corporate networks through bots. Assessing mobile devices for vulnerabilities that could lead to infections and data manipulation is therefore a real concern for data... more
Recently our UVM20 Security Management Appliance received a perfect 5-star review + “Best Buy” recognition from SC Magazine. Read the full review here. The UVM20 includes several pre-installed and pre-configured solutions: Retina Network Security Scanner, PowerBroker for UNIX/Linux, and PowerBroker for Windows, plus our patch management, regulatory reporting and configuration compliance modules — in addition... moreSee all Retina CS blog posts
Retina CS and BeyondInsight
Retina CS is part of the BeyondInsight IT Risk Management Platform, which unifies Retina CS Enterprise Vulnerability Management with available PowerBroker privileged account management solutions. Capabilities include:
- Centralized solution management and control via common dashboards
- Asset discovery, profiling and grouping
- Reporting and analytics
- Workflow and ticketing
- Data sharing between Retina and PowerBroker solutions
The result is a fusion of user and asset intelligence that allows IT and security teams to collectively reduce risk across complex environments.